Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jorgenson Five (in the making...)

So after a lot of thought we (I mean, I) have decided this is a great way to keep families and friends up to date on the Jorgenson Family of Five. Yes, I said Five! Baby #3 will be joining us around April 4, 2009. We are extremely excited to welcome a new little bundle of love to our family and Noah and Kennedy are excited to have someone else to pick on. The pregnancy has gone well so far aside from the extreme tiredness I had in the first trimester. Needless to say the second trimester has been wonderful and no longer will you be able to find me with my head down on my desk during lunch time.

Can you believe the end of the year is just around the corner? Where does the time go anyway?

Noah is in 1st grade this year and doing very well. He has homework already but seems to enjoy doing it (thank goodness I have that in writing for when he is in junior high!!). He was busy with baseball this spring and is just finishing up his flag football season both in which he enjoyed playing very much. Most recently he has joined a Chess club at school and seems to be enjoying that as well. He is still very much interested in cars and his army guys and has been asking us for a ---get this----junk station wagon that we can put in the backyard so that he can take it apart. We have not been sold on that one yet but he continues to try. He is also very adament about me getting a van or RV to drive and says that when he gets big he is going to own a farm with 30 vans, buses and semis on it. I am waiting for the day I come home and find all of my appliances taken apart....*sigh* Noah has also been very interested in model trains which believe it or not has Dain and I excited! We both enjoy creating and working on the layout itself creating landscapes and buildings so this will be a fun family project for us all during the cold months ahead!

Kennedy is continuing to grow....I cannot believe she is going to be 3. She amazes me everyday with how much she learns and the things she does and says. She isn't a baby any longer and is such a little girl... She loves playing dress-up, school, and little mommy--she takes such good care of her babies (although I have witnessed them in time-out on more than one occasion...) and tries very hard to get Colonel (the cat) to be actively involved in her play. Colonel hasn't been fond of wearing the beaded necklaces her Great Grandmother gave to her but he is extremely patient most of the time. In August she started dance and gymnastics. She likes both of them but LOVES gymnastics. She about gives myself and her teacher a heartattack when she is on the bar and is only supposed to be hanging there...you know...to get used to it? She pulls her legs up and tries to flip through them. Then she gets mad when she cannot go over to the big bar or the big beams like the big kids do.... Thank goodness she is one of two students in her class--someone has to keep an eye on her at all times otherwise she would be hanging from the ceiling. God love her energy though...if only I could bottle it up and sell it.... Daycare is going well for her and she has learned her ABC's, counts to 20 (for the most part with a few repeated numbers in there) and can count to 10 in spanish. Her daycare is preschool-curriculum based so I am feeling confident she will be ready for next year when she starts that!

As far as Dain and I go we have been just---busy! It seems to be the common theme at our house but really we wouldn't have it any other way. Work has been busy for both of us but fortunately for me my 'down-time' is fastly approaching. I plan to take some time off this fall and work on the numerous projects we have going on at home. We have most recently started finishing our basement and thanks to my brother, Steve, and his plethora of tools, he and Dain got the ball rolling and have the entire basement just about framed. We ran into a few issues with the bathroom we are doing down there and have to move a few pipes by cutting into the concrete but according to Dain it will be a "piece of cake".... (this is where we all pray...) Anyway, we are sure looking forward to having that done to have some extra space for the kids to play given all the toys Grami and Papa Jorgenson continuously bring. :)

So this is where I will try to post things weekly or so to keep everyone updated. I considered sending out a Christmas letter this year but decided this would be a little more fun to have as sort of an ongoing project (one of the many..I know...). I hope everyone enjoys and we encourage family to maybe start one of these too...? It is so nice to catch up and see updated pictures of our children. They grow so fast!

No comments: